I created a 10 minute video on how to set this up… you can watch the video at the end of this post, but I wanted to share what has to happen before you can use this feature:
- You must be premium. This can be during your 14 day trial, or you’ll have to upgrade. The best discount on an upgrade is here.
- You must have the private, ultra-secretive email address setup right. It is setup when the link is bold green, not bold red. (My Account, Email Address Tab)
- You must have the From Emails (addresses) entered correctly. I have FROM email addresses in mine, separated by commas. NOTE: You can have as many FROM addresses as you want… helpful if you are a virtual admin helping your client.
- The email address you are sending to must be in your JJ account, as a contact. You can test it by putting YOURSELF as a contact in JibberJobber. Then, send yourself an email, and put your ultra-secretive email address that you just setup in the bcc field, and then see if it goes in as a log entry within 5 minutes.
If you have problems, and all of that is setup right, we’ll work with you from there. But those four things have to be in place for this to work.
Want a visual? Watch this video:
Other Email2Log blog posts:
- Email2Log: How to Log Just Part of an Email (November 2012)
- How To: Finding New Contacts After Using Email2Log (March 2013)
- How To: Email2Log – when you forget to include your JibberJobber email (or other scenarios) (March 2014)
- Gmail and Email2Log Trick (bcc shortcut) (July 2014)
- How To: Email2Log: What to do when you forget to use this killer JibberJobber feature (July 2014)
18 thoughts on “Email to Log: How To”
I tried doing this once. Don’t recall it working, but it is entirely possible I didn’t set it up right. Thanks for the tip, Jason!
Got it working. It rocks, thanks Jason!
You are welcome Brad…. this is my #1 favorite feature in JibberJobber… 🙂
What a fantastic feature. Got it working on Friday – now I can’t wait to show my clients that I have set up on JibberJobber.
Comments are closed.