Today I presented to a group of Maryland workforce services professionals. What a great audience – passionate about helping people and working with a lot of veterans (especially those who are at Walter Reed, recovering from war injuries and thinking about their future careers – can you imagine the stress those people are going through in their transition?).
Many people asked about helping blue collar workers in transition. The good news is that most of what I talked about (if you take out a lot of the technology) is principle-based, which means it can be applied to blue collar job seekers.
Here are some links I referred to, for a blue collar job search:
- Blue Collar Job Search – How To Find A Blue Collar Job (5/17/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search – What Do You Want in a Job (5/18/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search – Identify Target Companies (5/19/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search – What Job Titles Do You Want? (5/20/10)
- Shame (5/24/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search: Your Elevator Pitch (5/27/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search – Personal Values Propositions (5/28/10)
- Blue Collar Job Search – Job Seeker Newsletter (6/3/10)
My favorite of those posts? The one that comes to mind first is Shame, from 5/24. But all of these are great resources to help in a blue collar job search.
Again, thanks to Susan Joyce at Job-Hunt.org for sponsoring two package giveaways!