Every once in a while I take time out to participate in a blogger meme… since I wasn’t planning on writing today I figured I would share this with you – enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday if you are the U.S.!
- I have a scar on my head, from ear-to-ear. When I was a baby the doctors decided my skull was going to fuse too early, and not leave enough room for my brain to develop (ah, that’s the problem!). Now I have a scar to prove it.
- I’d like to shave my head but I don’t feel comfortable because I feel my head is … how do I say this, deformed. I always wondered why it hurt to “head” a soccer ball … now I know.
- I never wanted to start blogging. When first introduced to blogging I thought “I have nothing to say and no time to write.” I have blogged almost every day (less weekends and holidays), and write on about 5 blogs. I think I’m addicted… in fact, I stole a line from Robert Merrill and call blogging my heroin drip :p
- The best thing I’ve done for myself physically is the body for life program. Hands down awesome. I did it for almost two years and it was amazing… I felt so healthy, I ate healthy, our food bill was dramatically reduced, my joints didn’t hurt… all the way around it was awesome. I stopped when I suffered from a herniating disk, and haven’t picked it up since then. I should, though.
- When I wrote my first book I had NO intention of speaking or consulting. But this year I’ve spoken more than 50 times.
- I love burgers and fries. When I’m on the road i usually get burgers and fries… it’s as simple as that. I should enjoy local cuisine more, but I really do dig the burgers and fries. And, well, pizza.
- I have always wanted to start my own business, but figured all the ideas were already taken. How could I become the successful company when there all the great ideas were taken… lol.
- bonus: I have always wanted to write a book. I kind of started my first book about 10 years ago when I became an IT manager and had no resources to help me do my job (I reported to the CFO and there were no internal IT staff to lean on). The owner of the company had about 40 books in print and I thought that was dang cool. It only took me about 9 years to realize this dream, and wow, what a difference it’s made on my life/career.
Thanks to my buddies for nudging me, and letting me read their 7 things: Chandlee Bryan, Chris Russell, Miriam Salpeter, Megan Fitzgerald, … and I know there are a bunch of others who have been tagged but I couldn’t find your 7 things :p Add a link in the comments if you did it… or if you aren’t a blogger and care to share something personal about yourself, leave a comment :).
4 thoughts on “7 Things About Me Meme”
thanks for sharing. Have a good day.
My daughter had her skull rebuilt too as a baby because it was fused together….and I am happy to hear the procedure will keep her from shaving her head when she grows up!!! 🙂
As you are giving thanks today for all of you “success” this past year I would like to challenge you to do 2 things that will move you more towards personal “success”.
Both should be easy and actually go hand in hand…..
Get back on the “Body for Life” program – I know it is hard to give up the foods that you really love, and then take the money your save and buy some health insurance for you and your family. I saw the tweet about the broken toe…..
Having struggled with both my weight and lack of health insurance, I know the stresses that having too much of one and not enough of the other can cause.
So next time you write you meme, wouldn’t it be great to that you are heathly and have provided for your family….
Thanks for playing!
Great stories – as I said on twitter – you are always an inspiration for those who don’t believe they can do it….because all of the ideas are taken, it would never fly b/c its already been done….you’ve gone out there and done what you did not think was possible. AND you realized your dream of writing a book!
Can’t wait to get through your new book – it’s sure to be a ‘must read’ for any professional online!
Buona giornata e grazie ancora!
@Thom – I knew that about your daughter and really admire you for your donations to the medical center to help others. Very cool of you.
@Marc – thanks for the advice Marc. I will do both of them 🙂
@Megan – I hope I can inspire someone… just one person… then I’m good! Thanks a ton for your support!
Comments are closed.