Recently I’ve gotten a few emails asking how to delete all of your records and just start over. This might be because you did a job search five years ago and you just want a clean slate (there’s value in keeping the records from five years ago), or because you did an import from LinkedIn or Google Contacts and didn’t realize how dirty your data was.
Whatever the reason, there are two easy ways to delete all of your records:
Bulk Delete from List Panels
This is my favorite because you have more control over individual records. You can do this from almost any List Panel in JibberJobber. Here are the basic steps:
- From the List Panel you want to clean up (say, Contacts), choose the Manage Columns icon and then show 255 records at a time.
- Check the checkboxes on the left (the very top one selects/unselects all of them) – note you can be selective down to each record
- At the bottom of the List Panel you’ll see a DELETE icon. Click that and you are on your way to cleaner data!
Bulk Delete by an Import
Let’s say you have imported a few thousands records from a csv file. You can delete every one of those records in one fell swoop.
- Mouse over Contacts, Companies, or Jobs, and click the Import/Export option.
- On the bottom-right there is a link: My Imports
- On the next page you’ll see imports you have done… you can either delete the imports one at a time, or use the List Panel bulk delete action, as per the steps above 🙂