Check out the craziness from the infographic below (I don’t remember where it came from, and there’s not source info on the infographic).
So, craziness includes:
– 21% play with their hair? Too distracting for some bosses.
– 47% don’t know about the company? tsk tsk! Do your research, people!
– 67% don’t make eye contact? Practice this… show confidence!
– 38% don’t smile? Look, if you don’t seem happy to be hear, I might worry about putting you in front of a customer, or depressing your coworkers.
– 26% have a weak handshake? This is a personal pet peeve… practice shaking hands with a salesperson, or someone who does business with others.
– 65% of bosses said clothing would be the deciding factor between two similar candidates? Might seem shallow, but how you dress is a statement about you, your EQ, etc.
I don’t mean to add more stress to your job search, but please be aware of the messages you are sending before you even open your mouth.