On Facebook Dan Schawbel shared 10 things he wants to share as he leaves his 20’s. I really like them.
Dan will be our Ask the Expert guest next week. Join us on Tuesday morning at 9am MST, 11am EST. Here’s the registration link.
- Invest in yourself or no one will want to invest you.
- Be curious about your full potential.
- Maintain contact with the people that matter.
- Give value to others selflessly.
- Ignore your critics and embrace your supporters.
- Fail because it is part of the learning process.
- Focus on your passion because life is too short to ignore it.
- Your time is your greatest asset so use it effectively.
- Life is too unpredictable to be overconfident.
- Don’t leave your career to chance, Promote Yourself!
I love how Dan did this list. What would YOU add?
1 thought on “Dan Schawbel’s List of 10 Pieces of Advice As He Turns 30! (ATE next week!)”
Dan, your 10 points really ring true. I particularly like your endorsement of failure. All to often we shield ourselves from failure. If we fail, we heap ridicule on ourselves. As a lifelong weekend athlete, I can attest that failure is part of the learning curve for any sport. So it is in our careers, as you say. Without failing once in a while, we never develop resilience. As the saying goes, it is not the falling down, it is the getting back up that is the tough part.
Comments are closed.