In about 24 hours I’m going to do the new LinkedIn Profile webinar. I’m so excited… ! I’ve been going over a lot of Profiles, making notes, finding awesome stuff (and poor examples), doing research on search engine rankings (both from Google and LinkedIn), and putting together the agenda.
This webinar is going to be 90 minutes (starts at 9am MST on Thursday).
I have already gotten dozens of questions that I’ll respond to on the webinar (or in a follow-up email, if we don’t have time).
The webinar will be recorded and you’ll have access to it as soon as I get the recording posted.
One of the most exciting things, for career professionals, is that I got this webinar approved for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits!
The National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA) will award you 1 CEU for this webinar, and Career Directors International will award you 1.5 CEUs for this webinar. HOW COOL IS THAT? It’s like I, Jason Alba, am LEGIT 🙂 🙂
Maybe that gets me overly excited but it’s really cool to think those two organizations would consider my stuff good enough for CEU credits!
In this webinar you will learn:
- What to write on your LinkedIn Profile, and where to write it, so that you can be found by search engines (specifically the LinkedIn search engine and Google).
- The most important things to have on your Profile, and how to make them look great.
- How to engage with the reader once they find your Profile (whether it is through a search or because they clicked on a link in your email signature).
- What the deal is with Endorsements. It’s brand new and has created a firestorm. Endorsements are a complete non-issue with two exceptions… one of those exceptions could be a complete game-changer.
- Because LinkedIn hid or took away certain branding elements, how to make a strong branding impact with what’s left.
- How to make your profile “richer” with media such as powerpoints, video, downloads, etc., and what those media items should be for optimal branding and engagement.
- How to increase your chances of being contacted by a billion percent (I hate promising anything, but I’ve prospected a lot of people through LinkedIn and there is a huge difference between those who make it easy to find you and those who seem to be fine never getting contacted).
- How to really optimize those Recommendations you receive (and how to tactfully and effectively ask for Recommendations).
- How to get value out of other new features like Projects.
- How to promote your page so that others can find your more frequently….
- And more…!
If you’ve ever been on one of my presentations you know it will be filled with meat, and has a healthy balance between strategy and tactic. Check out this free presentation I recently did: Career Management 2013 (kick the year off right)
After you sign up we’ll send you a special, unique-to-you link to get on the webinar. Please don’t share the link, and make sure to schedule this on your calendar!
Oh yeah, two more things:
1. I will record this and give you access to the streaming recording for as long as you want. Whether you can make it tomorrow or not, you can view the recording as many times as you want for as long as you want. Please don’t share the recording with anyone (including classroom and workshop settings). If we learn you are sharing the recording you will lose access to the streaming recording.
2. I will NOT pressure-sell you on anything. This is a meat-only presentation. Come to learn, put your credit cards away, stay relaxed, and let’s take advantage of the new Profile for 2013!
That’s it… big day tomorrow!