I talk a lot about using your email signature as a branding tool. My brother asked me how to save it in his new email address, which uses Google Apps (basically, he’s using Gmail but he gets to keep his domain/branding).
Here are the steps:
1. Click on the settings icon on the top right, and choose Mail settings.
2. You’ll be on the default tab (General). Just scroll down until you see the section for your email signature. Fill it in, like this:
3. Make sure you click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the screen… you’ll have to scroll down to see it. Don’t forget this part :p
If you want tips on how to create your signature, or other email training, check out one of my latest trainings: Effective Email Communication. In this series I have the following modules/trainings (minutes:seconds):
- Introduction to Better Emails (1:43)
- Your email address and “From” name (4:12)
- Set the tone: How to start an email (4:46)
- Compelling Subject Lines: Want your email to be read? (7:21)
- How to Make and Respond to Virtual Introduction (8:43)
- How to email someone who isn’t expecting your email (10:11)
- Strategic Email Signatures (4:59)
- When to use To, CC and BCC fields (5:47)
- When to use Reply All (4:49)
- Formats and colors: Do’s and Don’t’s (3:45)
- Tip: Highlighting Your Response (4:54)
- Conclusion – are you a better emailer? (4:01)
Total viewing time is 65 minutes. Watch only the sections you need, when you want. Your emails should be significantly better, more effective, and well-branded!